Tuesday, June 25, 2013

And that's why you don't get into petty fights.

Did I ever mention that rule? Don't fight about shitty stuff because if you do, you wind up lying on a couch with two broken ribs and nothing to do.

Glad to see the world didn't completely come to an end while I was away. Though it seems we got pretty damn close.

But you don't want to hear about that do you? I'm assuming you all want to hear about what all was up with me while I was out looking for Danny.

Now contrary to what some of you seem to think (~, I am looking at you.) I am an uncaring bitch who doesn't give a rats ass whether you live or die. That's not even true half of the time assholes, since every fucking thing I do is all for the benefit of saving peoples lives.

I wasn't actually really expecting him to actually leave. I thought he'd wander off for a bit and then wander back since that's usually what happens when I kick him out. This time was a little different then the other times though. We hadn't really gone at it like that before. I went off looking for him and, (as seems to be the case anytime I decide to do anything,) had to jump through a few loops. I was already exhausted as hell when Roland gave me an address, and on top of that I had to go through this proxies boss. One of the nastiest fights I ever had.

The Boss, as I shall call him in order to sound ironical, was a big ugly lookin guy. He was weird looking too, dressed in all red. The second I saw him the hallway of that hotel got cold and dark and it felt like we scuffled for days. He got me pinned, and like an idiot chose the opportunity to stamp on my stomach, which accounts for the broken ribs. He was trying to break my leg when I got the drop on him and managed to slit his throat. After that the loop died. My guess was this asshole Boss wanted me dead and was the one utilizing the loops, using Danny as bait. The probation proxy is the one that I've been dealing with back home for the last few days, (though if ever there were a case of man behind the curtain...)

It's been a rough couple of weeks and I'm glad to be home. I'm glad Danny is here with me. Fucking hell am I glad this didn't turn out worse.

He was right I guess when he said I have a hard time dealing with the fact I can't save people. I try with the tips on self-defense and the shoulds and shouldn'ts and so on, and I wish I could cure proxies and kill these things that are dogging us. I wish I could watch more runners die happy. But that's not the way the world works, and I wish I could change that too, but that's not something that will ever occur. But at the same time I refuse to become complacent with the shit I am witnessing. I may have hardened to loss of life over the years, but not to emotion and not to the evil in this world. I do everything in my power to stop that, and I know that my effort and the effort of everyone who works to prevent evil is not insignificant.

And as for Georgia.

Fuck, we'll save that talk for some other time. I don't have the energy tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Someone's in a crabby mood tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Loop dies with the Proxy that made it? Useful to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if that was it or not, but it sure looked that way.

      Delete