Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Bad Dream

I've been so tired lately that really there hasn't been much room to sleep. I've taken up sleeping the same way a two-year old does, which would be sleeping on and off every two hours when I'm not being hit over the head by Hippies with banjos, or being kept up by Annalee. Recently she's been pretty in-active due to the ribs, if a little crabby, and tonight was the first full night of sleep I've had in a while.

So of course it'd be a nightmare.

I fell asleep next to Annalee on the couch and I dreamed that I was standing in a warehouse. It was dark, and it was hard to tell if it was supposed to be night or day. Beau, the hippie with a banjo, was there with me. His face was all torn up though and he looked like he'd been through hell.

He said, "You best be careful which cage you build for yourself, kid."

It didn't make sense, but I looked over and saw the floor of the room was soaked with blood. There were bodies on the floor, gaping up at us.

I wanted to ask Beau where we were but the next thing I knew I was falling and I landed in a clearing. The trees were all black and dead like they'd been burned and in the center of the clearing was a dead deer. It looked like it'd been shot in the head, and the funny thing was the first thing that popped into my head was that Disney movie. The one where the mother deer gets shot. I'm too lazy to google it right now, it had a B in it, didn't it? I used to love that one I don't know why I can't think of it.

Beau came up behind me and I think I was crying. He said something along the lines of, "Just let it lie."

Then Annalee woke me up by shooting a rattlesnake of all things. Just glad it wasn't a fucking deer, though I doubt there are many of those in the desert.

I have no idea what to make of it. It seems like nonsense. Definetly not as straightforward as the dream about zombies.

Annalee seems to think the deer represents something I'm close to, or something that makes up a good deal of my life, and that the reason I had the dream was because that part of me is no longer there or something. I don't know, it seems to make sense to her althought she can't tell me why the hell my hippie guardian angel was there or whatever. She doesn't seem to want to talk about him that much at all, which is weird because if it weren't for him spouting out where I was at and then putting it on the blog she would've never found me. Oh well, I don't think I really even believe dreams mean all that much, at least not this one. It was too random.

Still, if you all have any ideas, I suppose they'd be helpful. That's all I've got for now.

3 comments:

  1. Bambi.

    Well, dream interpretation is not my forte, but maybe the fact that was a mother deer is significant. Where's the fawn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bambi, that was it.

      Maybe...I don't really know. I didn't see any fawn in that dream. I have no idea to be honest.

      Delete
  2. I can give you about a hundred interpretations of this dream, but all of them are nothing but theories, thus a waste of time. So don't let this dream take up most of your attention. After what you've been through, you need to keep on your toes and your heads clear, both of you.

    Nothing new.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete